Sunday, October 29, 2006

School holidays

...are over!

Well, tomorrow anyway. I know that because my parents went home this morning and the weather has improved. Dramatically. My, this has been a long holiday, what with the out-laws and then my own parents visiting.


That sounds awful, but it has been a little testing, although, I must be getting more tolerant, because I'm sure I didn't feel as stressed, so probably didn't behave so stressed. I think.

Why is the weather always so awful when they visit, so we are all trapped indoors, together, like caged tigers? Force nine gales were not welcome. Poor David, up a ladder, tacking down the shed roofing felt, then the pair of us, wrestling the trampoline over, to try to stop it from blowing away. My dad was a very twitchy audience.

So, tomorrow is a new adventure, from which we will all gain and grow in stature, experience and wisdom.

(Positive thinking.)

Update

Day one in his new class seems to have gone well. In fact, I think Aedan coped better than David, who inadvertently (didn't read the instructions...) made Aedan do a whole week's worth of homework last night. He did it without a peep, bless him. And we wonder why he hates school?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the positive thinking - someone has commented following my moans about Adam's relentlessness that "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" - Uhuh - I'm making Adam sooooo much stronger at the moment...

Louise said...

I am far more tolerant and patient than I used to be, so I suppose they are strengths, yes. I never thought I would have patience, that's for sure!

Ruth said...

That's very much the sort of thing my husband would do - he kind of reads the first word of a sentence and then assumes he knows what will follow... (mind you, with my typos, that's the only way you can understand my comments half of the time....you all do very well....!!!)

I used to think that I was patient, then I had children and learned that I am not. Husband fairs well - but then he's not with them ..... wait for it.... I HATE this phrase but I'm going to use it........ he's not with them.... 'twenty four seven' (wretch, puke)

Louise said...

Tell me about it. I have had this 'discussion' with David sooo many times. David is so incredibly capable, I know he can deal with the children efficiently and calmly, but it's a fundamental difference between men and women.

They can just get on with it, get everything done and beautiful, but they don't get bogged down in the mundanity of it, which affects your patience, your rationallity and your mood, (don't even mention the homonal effect on that one!). Men have this enviable ability to switch off their brain and disconnect, whereas mine just never_stops.

Grrr.

Step away from the soap box.