Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Think first

Ok, so whose bright idea was it for Ciara to be a Jack-in-the-Box?

Oh yes, that would be mine then.

"You don't want to be a doll (in the school Christmas Play) Ciara, everyone will be a doll or a fairy. You should be a Jack-in-the-Box. I'll make it."

When, oh when, will I learn not to have any bright ideas.

The tunic is made. So long as it fits over Ciara's head, it'll be fine. Yes, yes, I know. Making it without a pattern or child isn't brave. It's stupid.

Ofcourse, choosing a box that I can't paint on, because I can't paint over the print on it and I can't pick the selotape off, was also pretty dim. So, I've painted a sheet of brown paper to wrap it in.

Pom poms? Yes, simple enough, except I haven't got enough gash wool in the same colour to make pom poms, but that's easily solved, by using tissue paper. Simple.

Then, there's the ruff around the neck. One white pillowcase bites the dust.

Oh, just you wait till you see this creation. Just don't laugh too loudly, I might hear you...

5 comments:

Ruth said...

If I promise not to laugh, please will you show us a photo? I like the idea - and it sounds very adventurous!

Louise said...

Adventurous. Does that have a double meaning?! Sometimes, I think. Other times I obviously don't!

Having said that, the tunic fits, the box sits nicely with help of a pair of David's braces and at the moment, it's all going swimmingly. I just get this horrible feeling...

Yes, I'll post a photo. My job in life appears to be to make people laugh. Even from a distance!

xx

Ruth said...

I've a strong feeling that it's going to loook absolutely fabulous!

(I need to make pretend wreaths with pretend candles in them with the children at Sunday School this Sunday - any ideas....???)

Anonymous said...

Louise - please do keep on having bright ideas - it might inspire me to dress Adam in something more exciting than a tiger dressing gown for Book Day (he was the Tiger Who Came to Tea!)

Louise said...

Oh, but I like that kind of creative. Easy, sensible, clear and understandable. People will have looked at Adam and thought, "Ah, the Tiger who came to tea!" Rather than looking at Ciara and thinking, "Ah, a clown in a box...?"

I posted a reply to Ruth's comment and it's dropped off! Whatever Ruth had, must be catchy...

(...and I can't remember what I said!)

Oh yes! Candles, toilet rolls wrapped in tissue paper with the gathered bit at the top for a flame. I'm working on the wreath...