Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pancakes!

Should have taken piccies really, however, it is Shrove Tuesday and I made pancakes for the children. Horrors, they had jam on them, not lemon and sugar.

The shame of it is I didn't make enough for me. Pants.

I don't ask the children to give anything up in particular, because they will chose things like tidying, bathing, homework, so it kind of defeats the object, but we do talk about it and how it all came about, Lent, Easter and all that. I am not going to give up anything this year either, but I am going to cut back on chocolate and wine, question myself each time why I want some, whether I need it and could I do without it. Thinking about it rather than eating or drinking without question is a step forward for me.

I have given something up in the past and usually successfully and without cheating, but the desire just grows to huge proportions, so come Easter, I'm likely to gorge. Not a pretty sight. This way, I'm hoping for more control and calm.

We'll see.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Yay - I did pancakes too - turns out Isabel likes them (which is amazing as she's such a fussy eater)!
I won't be giving anything up. Having been pregnant for roughly, oooh, 86 weeks of my life, I've had enough of giving things up - brie, alcohol, seafood, raw meat, cat-litter, errrr, mud...!

Ruth said...

Yay - I did pancakes too - turns out Isabel likes them (which is amazing as she's such a fussy eater)!
I won't be giving anything up. Having been pregnant for roughly, oooh, 86 weeks of my life, I've had enough of giving things up - brie, alcohol, seafood, raw meat, cat-litter, errrr, mud...!

Louise said...

You know, from time to time I'm getting your comments twice. It's always a pleasure, I have to say, and being sad, I always read them both...

Anonymous said...

Hey? hey? What do you mean? What do you mean? I don't know how it's happening. I don't know how it's happening.

Oh Ruth, shut up!

Louise said...

Have you seen Brother Bear? There are two old goats, (?!) on a mountainside that start to argue, but end up arguing with there echoes instead. Hence, when out children are arguing and one tells the other to shut up, (the echo in the film) one or other parent in the background is likely to say, "You shut up. No, you shut up!"

Maybe you have to be there...