Thursday, February 15, 2007

Post champers

I've been reading the links from Anne's Blog about Valentine's Day and I enjoyed them all. The first in particular made me smile, because I agree wholeheartedly and I appreciate how lucky I am, (we are!) to have the relationship that we do. It is honest, supportive, reliable, loyal, fun, everything I am (and he is) as a person is our relationship. I feel lucky that we don't have to work at our relationship, it works itself because it is us.

That is not perhaps the most eloquent piece of writing, I'm sure someone somewhere could have made it far more beautiful to read, but it does just what it says on the tin, and so does my marriage!

So anyway, last night we cooked ourselves a beautiful meal, because we can produce something fabulous for a fraction of the cost of a babysitter, two taxis and the disappointing meal at a restaurant.

Goats Cheese Souffle

Baked Halibut (well, they didn't have any, so it was Talapia, or something, from Jamaica...) with Cabbage and Bacon, a Tarragon Cream Sauce and Potato Rosti

Baked Chocolate Torte with Raspberry Sauce

Lush. Not to mention the perfectly chilled Tattinger (I may have mentioned that before?) and some Chardonnay Columbard.

The children aren't at school today. Or tomorrow. Or Monday.

Happy days!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dinner sounds lovely! Will you be my valentine 2008?!

Anonymous said...

Oh sorry, Gawd, it's boring old me again. I'm anon for this evening. (Sorry to disappoint! That could have been someone exciting and handsome and of the opposite sex and all that!!!)

Louise said...

Giggle

Louise said...

Oh, and btw, you can come up here anytime and I'll cook for you like that, (especially the torte, it was exceptional, even if I say so myself!) it doesn't have to be Valentine's Day and I won't hold it against you that you're lacking in the tall, dark handsome, male stakes.

You could always bring one with you...!

Anonymous said...

... I'd have to find one first! (oops, sorry Mario. Hope you're not 'listening'!!)

oooh, the torte, the torte, the torte! Mmmmmmmmm.

Louise said...

Mmmmmm.

There are two slices left.

I'm waiting for David to come home from a leaving do at the Mess.

I could manage both...

...and he probably won't notice, if Tuesday night is anything to go by. (Another do, for no good reason, when he got in at about 11.30pm after going out around 12.40pm, but he didn't make it to bed...)He doesn't usually make a habit of going out, he's just going through a phase.