Wednesday, September 06, 2006

One book

Oh what?

Ruth didn't tag me, that was a relief. So Anne got me instead. Oh help!

Here goes.


1. One book that changed your life.
Oh my word, this was a toughy. Like John, I would have said it was people that had changed my life, not a book. However, having scanned my bookshelves, I came up with Oxford Babies Names, then changed my mind. Instead I've picked AA 50 Walks in Scottish Highlands and Islands. The first walk I did in the Highlands was Meall a Bhuachaille, near Cairngorm and since then, I have adored Scotland, walking here, the nature, everything and now I know where I want to live and what I want to do with my life in the future. I've since found out that that was my first Corbett, wey hey!

2. One book you've read more than once.
Do you know, there aren't many of these. Once I've read a book, I know what's going to happen, so it will be consigned to gather dust on the bookshelf. However, I recently read Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder again, so that will have to do!

3. One book you'd want on a desert island.
the game cookbook by Clarissa Dickson Wright and Johnny Scott. Why? It covers all bases of the kind of meat you could possibly find in the wild, so I thought quite useful, if I want to eat. Got to catch it first though...

4. One book that made you laugh.
Quite a few, mainly autobiographies like Terry Wogan's or Alan Titchmarsh's, I like a good giggle, but I have this one, courtesy of my big brother, Richard. To people that know him, (Ruth) it'll say more about him than me, but it is a really good laugh. The History of Farting by Dr Benjamine Bart. Say no more.

5. One book that made you cry.
Before I Say Goodbye by Ruth Picardie. Read it.

6. One book you wish you'd written.
The Truth About Pregnancy, Childbirth and Babies. Why? Because nobody ever tells you what it's really like and that it's ok to feel the way that you do. We are, after all, all individual.

7. One book you wish had never been written.
I could have been sooooo controversial with this one and said The Bible, or the Kuran (spelling? Even less idea!) or other such books, simply because they all cause sooooo much trouble in the world, but I don't really wish that, they are rather important books, after all. So, I'll go for Vanity Fair by Thackeray. I hate that book with a passion, I never got past the third chapter, which made my A' Level English Literature a little difficult. In fact, I failed. Ooops.

8. One book you are currently reading.
Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis. Actually, I could have put The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe for number 2, come to think of it. I've recently decided to read the whole series, seeing as I have only read that one, so I started at the beginning with The Magician's Nephew and I'm getting on fine.

9. One book you've been meaning to read.
Aldeburgh's Affectionate Poet by Roger Frith. It's about, and contains poetry by, my great-grandad, who celebrated his one hundredth birthday when I was eleven years old and I rememeber him well. I may have inherited his talent, but I'm afraid to read it, incase I find out I haven't and my poetry is really rubbish.

10. One book you wish you'd written.
My book of poetry, which is going to earn me a fortune so that I can buy that house in Gairloch! Oh and ofcourse bring enjoyment to so many others with my lovely poetry...

Next thing is six weird (W.E.I.R.D. Ruth.) things about me.

I take exception to that, I'm not weird.

Ok.
1. I am obsessive about the order clothes have to be hung out on the washing line. Apparently, that is weird. I think it's organised.
2. Nobody is allowed to write on my lists and I have to complete them using the same pen/pencil.
3. My shopping list has to be made in the order I will go round Tesco. A bit awkward now I use dotcom...
4. I make individual piles of clothes for all of us on the spare bed before I pack for a holiday.
5. David thinks I have weird feet. I don't.
6. Some people like me. I think that's weird.

I had no idea how hard that would be. You don't think of yourself as weird, do you?

As I don't know anyone with blogs except Ruth and Anne, (virtually), I shall invite anyone who happens along my blog to tag themselves. Neat!

No comments: