Thursday, September 14, 2006

Something new

They do say you should try something new everyday. I'm going to try something new.

My friend Ruth listens avidly to Radio 4, apparently, and whilst I was listening to Radio 2 the other day, I heard Clare Balding plugging her new series on Radio 4, "Ramblings". Guess what it's about? Rambling, not verbally, (although that might also have been appropriate...) physically, which is right up my alley, so, I'm going to give Radio 4 a whirl tomorrow at 3pm. I'll let you know if I enjoy it!

(If I remember to listen in the first place.)

Update

I remembered!

It was, however, a somewhat bizarre experience. Listening to people doing what I love, in an area I haven't been to, (yet, it was Islay, I think) with no pictures was a little frustrating. Maybe it would work better on television, but I always think Clare has a good face for radio...

I'll try it again next week and see if I feel any different about it.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hello!

My favourite time for radio 4 is between 4pm and 5pm on any weekday. That's when I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner. I especially love: Beyond Belief, Material World, Law in Action, All in the Mind ..... oooh all of it really. Radio 4 is also good on a saturday at 12.30 (comedy) and on a Sunday at about the same time (comedy).

I struggle a bit with Radio 4 plays, and You and Yours (12 noon every weekday), but I do love its Today programme, and rarely miss it from 7.30 - 8.30am.

What it lacks, of course, is music, but I think that's the whole point!!

Louise said...

Hmmm. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make a habit of Radio 4 listening. I need my music, dancing round the kitchen is somewhat inhibited by a lack of music and the programme I chose to listen to was had without the visual side of things. It is exactly that that I walk for, so I don't know, but I will persevere. For a little while!