Monday, May 15, 2006

The joys

Life is entertaining sometimes. Only sometimes mind, just to keep you on your toes. My little boy has been poorly. Nothing major or messy, just headaches and raging temperature, which is easily treated. Out comes the trusty Calpol, fluids and plenty of sleep. Easy.

Two days later, the eldest starts. Pretty much the same really. Unfortunately, Monday isn't a good day to go poorly in this house, 'cos generally we're out of food and I need to go to Tesco. So, off we went.

Everything was going fine until we got to the checkout. Turned to speak to Rhiannon to find her standing with her hand clasped over her mouth. At this rather crucial moment, I hiss, "You know where the toilets are, don't wait!" and off, poor distressed daughter trots. She returned a short while later, non the worse for her panic, just as I finished paying, so we went home. She's been much better since.

Then my eldest son came home from school. He was fine at first, but soon deteriorated. Now, he's got a different bug. He doesn't have a headache or a temperature. He has been sick. Unfortunately, he didn't make it to the toilet. Fortunately, the flooring is lino, so no problem. Unfortunately, he didn't lift the toilet seat. Now, that was messy. Having spent the last six years training him and then his brother to put the seat down, I'm now leaving it up. Just in case.

I know, I know, too much information. Three down, one to go, or will my luck finally run out. I don't normally catch the children's bugs, but there's always a first and seeing as hubby is living it up in a tent in a desert somewhere, now would not be convenient, therefore the most likely!

I can hardly wait.

No comments: