Friday, May 05, 2006

Just call me Victor

I don't believe it!
No, seriously, I don't. Someone, who shall remain nameless, is obviously trying to tell me something. Maybe my true vocation is a dishwasher technician (just plain dishwasher, I suspect), or He is perhaps having a really good laugh at my expense (ha ha ha) or maybe He just doesn't like me!

This time not even the torque wrench will help. The dishwasher is no longer. It is deceased. Unplugged. Well, ok, maybe a little dramatic. The door hinge has become completely unhinged. A little like me! I can't even close the door, which could make life very interesting.

Guess what? It was full at the time. Just like last time! This time it wasn't fish and chips. No. It was Quorn Korma. Mmm. Didn't think I'd be able to deal with that in the morning and ofcourse it would have affected the whole kitchen, as the door won't shut. So, on went the marigolds. Within seconds of starting what was going to be quite a session, water just leapt down the cuff of the glove. Oh, very funny.

Still, I always look on the bright side of life. If I hadn't fixed it first time I would have had eight weeks ahead of me, washing up by hand. At least I've only got four and a half now.

I think that's a bright side.

Hey ho. I'll have so much more time to ponder the conundrums of other people's blogs. Maybe I'll come up with some better comments!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Victor

Quorn korma sounds v. nice. Please could you post the recipe.

Having to wash up by hand sounds not so nice.... we're needing a new dishwasher too. It's frightening when the thing packs up, isn't it!!

Anonymous said...

I was walking down the road yesterday, pushing Isabel in her buggy, when I caught someone giving me a puzzled look. It was only then that I realised I was actually laughing to myself. Why? It's your opening "call me Victor" comment. I don't know why but it really made me laugh. I was thinking - "she just doesn't want "Flo-Pow, that's what it is!"

And by the way, on Flowerisms: do you still use the expression "corn beefed hash" as in "I've made a right corn beefed hash of this"? 'Cos I do!

love from Ruth xxx

Anonymous said...

][

Louise said...

Er, bit puzzled by that last comment...